This Chicken Pizza is absolutely delicious and only 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points! In addition, it’s topped with Buffalo Sauce that adds an extra special kick.
I seriously love chicken pizza. Love in the kind of way where I could easily eat it every night. My Husband and I try to plan a weekly pizza night where we can experiment with new and old favorite recipes. This is one that I have made time and time again since I joined the Weight Watchers program. My husband makes his pizza with a Naan crust, but his has considerably more calories, fat, and Weight Watchers points, so I like to make mine on either a flat bread or on top of a Pita Bread. This time, I made the pizza with a 2 point Pita pocket.
This pizza recipe is great when you have left over chicken and can be ready in ten minutes. If you don’t already have left over chicken, it’ll take a few extra minutes, but it’s worth it! This is one of my favorite ways to use leftover chicken and it’s only 4 Weight Watchers points per pizza. This recipe makes a perfect and generous serving for four.
Sometimes, we make the pizzas on the BBQ, when we are trying to keep the over off. In addition, the grill gives the pizza a nice smokey flavor. On days that we aren’t worried about heating up the house, we make them in the oven (that is our preferred method).
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, shredded or chopped
4 Pita Pockets (I use Sara Lee Mr.Pita- Plain)
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
2 Roma Tomatoes
Diced Onion (use as much as you like)
1 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoon buffalo sauce
Cilantro (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and dice into cubes. Season all over with salt and pepper.
3. Add a non-stick spray to a non stick pan before cooking the chicken. Add chicken and cook about 8-10 minutes until chicken is lightly browned.
4. While the chicken is cooking, wash and dry all produce. Dice the Onions, tomatoes, and Cilantro.
5. Place a baking sheet on upper rack of oven.
6. Transfer chicken and its sauce to a medium bowl and let cool slightly.
7. Top the flatbread with a thin layer of tomato paste.
8. Add cheese on top of the tomato paste, then continue adding chicken, tomatoes and onion. Add some jalapeno if you’d like some extra heat
9.Bake until flat breads are golden brown and crisp, 8-10 minutes.
10. While the flat breads are cooking, mix together buffalo sauce and greek yogurt. Add water until the sauce has a drizzly consistency (typically about 2 TBSP). Season with salt, pepper, and more chili powder, to taste.
11. Transfer baked pizzas to a cutting board and cut into squares. Dollop with crema and serve.
12. Slice and enjoy!