This not so sinful pancake recipe is going to become a family favorite, whether you’re on Weight Watchers or not. Each fluffy pancake has just one point on the Freestyle plan.
Weight Watchers Zero Point Ingredients
My favorite recipes to make are Weight Watchers one. It’s where I really feel like I’m thriving in the kitchen. I get to make substitutions and feel like a scientist. Even though I’m just making something simple like a pancake, I truly feel proud when it finally comes out great. It’s really fun to mix up recipes with the new Freestyle 0 point foods. In fact, they have become staples in my cooking. I love baking with ingredients like eggs, applesauce, banana and nonfat plain greek yogurt. They’re mostly neutral-tasting ingredients (except the banana), have a “zero points value” on Weight Watchers, and add moisture, structure, and even some pleasant tanginess.
These pancakes are a twist on those 2-ingredient flourless pancakes made with banana and eggs. However, I don’t love those pancakes because, well, they taste like eggs. When I’m making pancakes, I want them to taste like pancakes and carbs.
Be sure to use a cooking oil spray on the griddle or skillet before you cook the pancakes. It’s so light that it doesn’t add any points or take away from the health-focus of the pancakes, but the spray is the only way you’re going to get those golden brown edges and spots on your pancakes. And the edges are even a bit crunchy
Method and Tips to Make These Pancake’s
All you have to do to make this recipes is combine the ingredients, wisk them together and then pour in the pan.
First, make sure the batter is the proper thickly pourable consistency. This batter doesn’t have any xanthan gum so it doesn’t tend to thicken as it sits. Once you reach the proper batter texture, you shouldn’t have to mess with it.
But don’t be afraid to add a teaspoonful of lukewarm water if the batter seems too thick. If it seems too thin, add another teaspoonful of the flour or even just of cornstarch.
The second tip is to be sure to use cooking oil spray and a medium heat skillet—but not too hot. If your skillet is dry (even if it’s nonstick), you won’t get those lovely brown edges on your pancakes. If the skillet is way too hot, the outside will cook too quickly and you won’t get a fluffy middle.
1 cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
4 eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
Cooking oil spray
- Start by mashing three very ripe bananas in a large bowl. The Bananas give the pancakes a touch of sweetness without the added sugar or Weight Watchers points.
- Then stir in the four beaten eggs. You can do this in the same bowl if you’d like. I try to use as few dishes as possible.
- Add the flour to the bowl. If the consistency doesn’t seem pourable, or if it seems too runny adjust the amount of flour. The batter should be thickly pourable. It is ok if there are a few lumps.
- Add water by the teaspoonful if your batter seems too thick to pour.
- Heat a griddle to 350°F or a skillet until medium-hot, and coat lightly with cooking oil spray. Place about 2-3 tablespoonsful of batter into portions on the hot surface and spread gently into a round.
- Allow to cook for about 1 minute or until bubbles have broken through the surface and the edges are set about 3/4-inch all around.
- Flip and continue to cook until set on the underside.
- Remove the pancakes, spray the surface again lightly with cooking oil spray, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately or wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator or freezer. Warm in the microwave or toaster oven before serving leftovers.
Nutrition Information is from the Weight Watchers Online Application. I made the serving size one pancake so it’s easier to track points. 3 pancakes are 3 Weight Watcher Freestyle Points.
For me, the perfect serving size is two pancakes. Then I can add fresh fruit, some “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray”, and some light in points maple syrup. drizzle of pure maple syrup. I usually serve them with cheesy eggs on the side.
I created a printable version of this recipe below. Just click the blue button that looks like a printer next to the recipe title below. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
<<< If you like these pancakes, you might also enjoy these BIG, CHOCOLATE, ALMOST FAT-FREE VEGAN COOKIES (WEIGHT WATCHERS 1 POINT). Click the below picture to get the recipe. >>>